Retaining talent is a top concern for health systems, and they’re offering benefits to help keep employees engaged, according to a recent survey from Aon.
Aon’s “2020 Benefits Survey of Hospitals” covers the U.S. and provides findings for 130 health systems, representing more than 1,000 hospitals and more than 2.2 million employees.
Below is a breakdown of the benefits health systems said they’re offering to retain talent.
- Adoption/surrogacy benefits (46 percent)
- Flexible work options (45 percent)
- On-site daycare (33 percent)
- Expanded fertility coverage (24 percent)
- Back up childcare (23 percent)
- Student loan repayment programs (23 percent)
- Back up elder care (20 percent)
- Sabbaticals (20 percent)
More articles on workforce:
How NYC Health + Hospitals is supporting its staff’s mental wellness
OSHA cites Louisiana health system over employee PPE use
Best practices for handling staff emotional health during the pandemic: 3 healthcare leaders weigh in
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.