Tossing together a vegan Lemon Basil Pasta Salad couldn’t be any easier than this. Just cook up the pasta, then mix in fresh cherry tomatoes, flavorful olives, shallots, sweet basil, a lemon olive oil vinaigrette, and crunchy pistachios. With only 8 ingredients (excluding pantry staples), you can whip up this Lemon Basil Pasta Salad in under 15 minutes. While the pasta is cooking, pull together all of your ingredients: tomatoes, olives, herbs, and pistachios, with a vinaigrette made out of lemon juice and EVOO. Then toss it together and you’re good to go. You can serve it warm, or chill it to bring to a potluck or dinner party later on. It tastes even better the next day!
I love to serve pasta salads like this for outdoor meals, paired with a simple entrée like grilled tofu or veggie burgers. Packed with nutrients, like protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals, this salad is a great way to fuel your day with powerful plant nutrition.
You can also swap the ingredients out, if you like. Try a different type of nut instead of pistachios, or throw in some slivered zucchini or cauliflower florets to add a nice earthy crunch. You can also add chickpeas, tofu or tempeh to make this recipe a balanced meal. This salad is also great for meal prep, allowing you to create healthy delicious meals all week long. Make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta.
Toss together this flavorful, plant-based (vegan), uber delicious Lemon Basil Pasta Salad in 10 minutes with only 8 ingredients.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (yellow, orange, or red), sliced in half
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 cup olives, whole, drained (i.e., Sicilian, Greek)
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- To make pasta: Cook penne pasta in boiling water, according to package directions, until al dente (about 9 minutes). Rinse in cold water and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, add tomatoes, shallot, olives, pistachios, and fresh basil to a large bowl. Add drained, cool pasta to the bowl.
- To make vinaigrette: In a small dish, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette into the pasta salad and combine well. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes about 2 quarts; 10 (about 3/4 cup) servings.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 316 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: best vegan pasta salad, healthy pasta salad
For other hearty, plant-based salad recipes, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.