Did you know? Multiple studies have found that for every $1 companies spend on wellness programs, they saved $3.27 on health care costs.1
The Data Are Clear
Wellness pays off for businesses like yours. Making small changes, along with encouraging healthier habits and activities can bring you substantial ROI, in the form of:
- Increased productivity, performance, and morale
- Stronger workplace culture and engagement
- Better health outcomes
- A more holistic view of employee health
At Independence Blue Cross (Independence), we have the resources to help get your employees engaged so they can take charge of their well-being.
How to Plan, Even if Your Budget Is Limited
Here are the steps you should take:
- Determine what your employees want. Engage with your team and management to find what would help them most.
- Make being healthy part of your workplace. Encourage healthier habits in the workplace and everywhere your employees live their lives.
- Make it practical and easy. Your employees may not be health and wellness-minded. Give them simple steps to take.
- Trust in the Independence resources already available to you. Visit wellbeing.ibx.com to find a wealth of resources available to you for free.
You Don’t Have to Wait to Get Started
There are some things you can do right now to motivate your employees to embrace a whole-health mindset:
- Offer healthy snacks and drinks. If you offer free snacks, opt for fruits and grains over soda and chips.
- Encourage employees to use their nutrition counseling benefit. Your employees’ Independence coverage includes six dietitian visits a year at no cost to them.
- Promote healthy habits at work. When possible, have walking meetings to get people out of their chairs. Sponsor employees’ participation in events like 5K walks, runs, and the 10,000 Steps-A-Day Walking Challenge.
Plus, make sure that you and your covered employees take advantage of the Independence tools you already have that can be vital to your wellness program:
- GlobalFit: Offers discounted memberships to thousands of gyms and fitness centers. Employees can also get discounts on at-home virtual workouts.
- Blue365® and Blue Insider: Employees can get discounts on fitness gear, weight loss programs, and more through Blue365®. Blue Insider offers discounts on fun activities that can encourage them to get more active.
- IBX Good Living Member eNewsletter: Your team can find healthy recipes, articles, and savings that they can use at their preferred retailers.
Download our flyer to see how IBX Works for your healthy small business.