Make an amazing, healthy, plant-based blondie-style bar with an entire can of chickpeas (even the liquid in aquafaba is used to replace eggs), along with peanut butter (the main source of fat in these gooey bars), maple syrup (the sweetener), flour, peanuts, and dark chocolate. These vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Bars honor one of the best food love affairs of all time—peanut butter and chocolate. And best of all, the ingredients come together in a healthy vegan bar, low on sugar and refined oils, and packed with plant power. In fact, these 7-ingredient (not including pantry staples) bars are healthy enough you can include them as a treat you can feel really good about.
Watch me make this recipe in my Instagram Live Plant-Based Cooking Class here.
These completely plant-based, vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Bars are filled with a whole can of chickpeas! Low in added sugars and oils, and rich in whole plant food ingredients, these healthy bars offer a naturally delicious taste.
- Chopped peanuts
- Dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid. Place reserved chickpea liquid (aquafaba) in a kitchen mixer bowl (or use an electric mixer) and whip until thick and foamy. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, peanut butter, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in the container of a food processor. Process until smooth—about 3 minutes.
- Remove chickpea mixture from food processor and add to bowl with whipped chickpea liquid. Add flour and baking powder. Gently fold into the whipped chickpea liquid with a rubber spatula (so as not to break the emulsion) until smooth. Do not overmix. Fold in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake in the center of the oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Do not slice while warm, as the bars will crumble. When cool, slice into 16 bars.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 122 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: vegan chickpea bars, vegan dessert, easy vegan dessert
For other plant-based treats, try my favorite recipes:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.