I love the cool weather combination of grapefruit and avocado in this beautiful, seasonal, colorful and healthy salad. This Grapefruit and Avocado Salad with Lemon Cumin Vinaigrette is so simple—just throw some salad greens in a bowl, arrange with sliced grapefruit and avocado, sprinkle on some crunchy sunflower seeds, and drizzle with a zesty lemon cumin dressing, and you have a fabulous, nutrient-packed salad sure to enliven the darkest of days! Best of all, this completely plant-based, gluten-free 6-ingredient salad is based on seasonal produce, so you can feel good about diving into healthy, vibrant meals without the impacts of produce being shipped from far away. In fact, I have all of the elements of this salad (greens, avocados, citrus) growing in my garden in the fall and winter time.
Learn how to make this recipe with my video here.
This vibrant, cool weather salad, based on seasonal grapefruit, avocado, salad greens and a zesty lemon cumin vinaigrette, includes only 6 ingredients; you can whip up the salad in 10 minutes.
Lemon Cumin Vinaigrette:
- Line a salad bowl or platter with salad greens.
- Peel the grapefruit with a sharp knife, removing pith (white membrane). Slice into horizontal circles. Arrange grapefruit over greens.
- Slice avocado into thin slices. Arrange over salad.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Whisk together in a small dish the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: salad, vegan salad, grapefruit salad, winter salad
For other flavorful, plant-powered salads, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.