This vegan Tofu Kale Power Bowl with Tahini Dressing is packed with the nutrition power of baked tofu, kale, sweet potatoes, peas, peppers, hemp seeds, and tahini. It’s the perfect lunch to get you through the day, satisfied and primed for your best performance. Best of all, it’s delicious, thanks to the colorful combination of plant foods, home-baked tofu, and a flavorful tahini dressing.
Learn how to make this Tofu Kale Power Bowl in this recipe video.
Power up on plant-based protein in this vegan entree salad bowl, featuring savory baked tofu, kale, peas, sweet potatoes and hemp seeds, dressed with a flavorful tahini dressing.
- 8 cups chopped kale, loosely packed
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1 medium) cubed sweet potato, cooked, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
To make Baked Tofu:
- Press tofu (to remove excess liquid) by using a tofu press as directed or wrapping tofu with several paper towels, placing it between two plates, and resting something heavy on the top plate. Press for about 15 minutes, draining off extra liquid.
- Slice tofu into cubes (about 1-inch).
- Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce in a bowl. Place cubed tofu in sauce and mix together gently to distribute marinade over tofu. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dredge marinated tofu cubes in flour to lightly coat, and place on a baking dish or pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in top shelf of oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and cool.
To make Tahini Dressing:
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small dish until smooth and creamy and set aside.
To make Salad:
- Chop kale into small pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Dress kale with tahini dressing, massaging it into the leaves until well distributed.
- Divide one-fourth of the salad ingredients in four portions, and arrange in 4 large, individual bowls (3 cup size). First arrange 2 cups dressed kale at the bottom of the bowl, then arrange 4 ounces tofu, 1/3 cup sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup peas, and 1/3 cup bell pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds per bowl. Serve immediately.
May serve this family style in one large bowl to serve 8 smaller portions.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free soy sauce and flour.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 508 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 21 g
Keywords: vegan salad bowl, vegan entree salad, tofu salad bowl
For other plant-based salads, check out:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.